[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][AODH] Timeout Event Alarms

Ryota Mibu r-mibu at cq.jp.nec.com
Fri Aug 7 07:59:06 UTC 2015

Hi,

Sorry for my late response and my absent in weekly meetings...

I'm not sure whether I captured your idea correctly, but I prefer the second approach now.

I agreed the point Igor and liusheng mentioned that the second approach enables end users to have configurable expire-time.

In another point of view, the first approach may affect pipeline performance since it have to keep event sequence state or have to access DB for state querying when each event received. This is just my concern, but I think event pipeline should be simplest and limited to have only common features between event data storage, event alarming and other receiver like audit system.

Thanks,
Ryota