[openstack-dev] How to use the log server in CI ?

Tang Chen tangchen at cn.fujitsu.com
Fri Aug 7 04:17:01 UTC 2015

Hi Asselin,

On 08/06/2015 09:44 PM, Asselin, Ramy wrote:

> Hi Tang,
>
> First, I recommend you use os-loganalyze because it significantly
> increases the value of the log files by making them easier to consume.
>
> I'm not sure what the issue you encountered is. The link you provide
> is to use swift, but that is the newer alternative to the old-fashion
> files on disk approach, and not a requirement.

True. And I'm not using swift right now.

> That said, you'll find the rules in one of the files located here:
> /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/
>
> It is created by this template [1]. As you see, there's not htmlify
> directory because it's an alias that invokes os-loganalyze.

Yes, I saw the source. Thank you very much to clarify that.
It is OK now.

But one more thing I want to confirm.

install_log_server.sh should be run on log server, right ?
Then $DOMAIN is configured to the domain name of the log server itself,
and nothing about jenkins master is configured.
So how does the jenkins master find the log server ?
In other word, how does the jenkins master know the domain name of log
server ?

Thanks.