[openstack-dev] [app-catalog][heat] Heat template contributors repo

Christopher Aedo doc at aedo.net
Thu Aug 6 17:53:24 UTC 2015

Today during the app-catalog IRC meeting we talked about hosting Heat
templates for contributors.  Right now someone who wants to create
their own templates can easily self-host them on github, but until
they get people pointed at it, nobody will know about their work on
that template, and getting guidance and feedback from all the people
who know Heat well takes a fair amount of effort.

What do you think about us creating a new repo (app-catalog-heat
perhaps), and collectively we could encourage those interested in
contributing Heat templates to host them there?  Ideally members of
the Heat community would become reviewers of the content, and give
guidance and feedback.  It would also allow us to hook into OpenStack
CI so these templates could be tested, and contributors would have a
better sense of the utility/portability of their templates.  Over time
it could lead to much more exposure for all the useful Heat templates
people are creating.

Thoughts?

-Christopher