[openstack-dev] [Cinder] A possible solution for HA Active-Active

Philipp Marek philipp.marek at linbit.com
Wed Aug 5 13:48:52 UTC 2015

> > Well, SUSE and Redhat (7) use Pacemaker by default, Debian/Ubuntu have it
> > (along with others)...
> >
> > That gives it quite some market share, wouldn't you think?
> >
> > Yes, I guess the "most popular" meaning is a good match here.
>
> I see, so in the same way that "nano is *the* Linux text editor"
> (Debian/Ubuntu configure it as the default, SUSE and Redhat have it
> packaged).
Along with quite a few alternatives.

How many cluster stack alternatives can you see in SUSE?
How many cluster stack alternatives are available in _every_ major
distribution?

> Popularity alone doesn't seem like a great criterion for
> making these sorts of technology choices.
Popularity _alone_ is not the sole criteria, right.

But to write something new just because of "NIH" is the wrong approach, IMO.

[[ I'm going to stop arguing now. ]]