[openstack-dev] [Cinder] A possible solution for HA Active-Active

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Aug 5 13:16:21 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-05 14:36:37 +0200 (+0200), Philipp Marek wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Pacemaker is *the* Linux HA Stack.
> > [...]
> >
> > Can you expand on this assertion? It doesn't look to me like it's
> > part of the Linux source tree and I see strong evidence to suggest
> > it's released and distributed completely separately from the kernel.
>
> If you read "Linux" as "GNU/Linux" or "Linux platform", instead of
> "Linux kernel", it's what I meant.
[...]

Okay, that makes slightly more sense. So you're implying that
Pacemaker is the only HA stack available for Linux-based platforms,
or that it's the most popular, or... I guess I'm mostly thrown by
your use of the definite article "the" (which you emphasized, so it
seems like you must mean there are effectively no others?).
--
Jeremy Stanley