[openstack-dev] [Neutron] VPNaaS and DVR compatibility

Sergey Kolekonov skolekonov at mirantis.com
Tue Aug 4 16:33:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'd like to clarify a situation around VPNaaS and DVR compatibility in
Neutron.
In non-DVR case VMs use a network node to access each other and external
network.
So with VPNaaS enabled we just have additional setup steps performed on
network nodes to establish VPN connection between VMs.
With DVR enabled two VMs from different networks (or even clouds) should
still reach each other through network nodes, but if floating IPs are
assigned, this doesn't work.
So my question is: is it expected and if yes are there any plans to add
full support for VPNaaS on DVR-enabled clusters?

Thank you.
--
Regards,
Sergey Kolekonov