[openstack-dev] [Keystone] [Horizon] Federated Login

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Tue Aug 4 16:23:26 UTC 2015

Hi Doug

On 04/08/2015 16:52, Douglas Fish wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> This is a cool looking UI. I've made a minor comment on it in InVision.

thanks

> I'm curious if this is an implementable idea

It has to be, since there are many existing federations with 100s of
IDPs. Simply displaying a list is not usable in this environment.
There are many SPs that implement this sort of interface today. Eg. the
UK Access Management federation has hundreds of members, see

http://www.ukfederation.org.uk/content/Documents/MemberList

- does keystone support large
> numbers of 3rd party idps?

It should. I dont know of anyone who has done scalability testing, but I
dont think the design has any inbuilt constraints

 is there an API to retreive the list of idps

yes

or
> does this require carefully coordinated configuration between Horizon and
> Keystone so they both recognize the same list of idps?

No, Horizon uses the Keystone API

regards
David