[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Console messages in Mirantis 6.1

Alex Schultz aschultz at mirantis.com
Tue Aug 4 14:18:42 UTC 2015

Hey Evgeniya,

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Evgeniya Shumakher <eshumakher at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Fuel team,
>>
>> One of Fuel 6.1 users found a very annoying bug:
>>
>> I’ve installed new Mirantis 6.1 a couple of weeks ago and I’m seeing the
>>> following message on both Controller and Compute node consoles.
>>>
>>> “netlink: 20 bytes leftover after parsing attributes”
>>>
>>> There are several references to this bug:
>>> -          https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1447543
>>> -          https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1449914
>>>
>>> This messages don’t show in the SSH consoles, so I was able to configure
>>> all nodes for SSH access and sort of bypass this issue.
>>>
>>> So, it’s not critical to resolve it, but I have not seen any officially
>>> posted resolutions… Would you happen to know the status of this resolution?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>

>> Do I understand that the bug is medium and might not be fixed?
>> What would be the recommended response to this user?
>> Can we add information about this feature to Fuel documentation?

The bug for this issue is https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1444480.  It
is unfortunately an upstream (centos 6) issue that I don't believe we will
be fixing.  The messages themselves are not an issue but they do take up
space in logs so if that is a problem, we would need to fix that via proper
log rotation.  Do we have reports of excessive logs due to netlink error
messages?

>> Thank you.
>>
>> --
>> Evgeniya