[openstack-dev] [python-neutronclient][neutron] sub-project client extensions

Amir Sadoughi amir.sadoughi at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Aug 4 12:51:27 UTC 2015

I started down the path of making a python-neutronclient extension, but got stuck on the lack of support for child resource extensions as described here https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-neutronclient/+bug/1446428. I submitted a bugfix here https://review.openstack.org/#/c/202597/?.

Amir

________________________________
From: Fawad Khaliq <fawad at plumgrid.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 6:10 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: [openstack-dev] [python-neutronclient][neutron] sub-project client extensions

Folks,

In networking-plumgrid project, we intend to implement client side for some of the vendor specific extensions. Looking at the current implementation for client side for some vendors, I see the code is part of python-neutronclient tree [1]. I do see this change [2] talking about a way to load extensions through entry points, however, I could not find any example extension module.

Has anyone gone through the route of implementing out of tree extensions for Neutron client, which extend python-neutronclient shell and load at run/install time? With decomposition phase II, it makes sense to keep the client side in the respective projects as well.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/python-neutronclient/tree/master/neutronclient/neutron/v2_0
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/148318/16

Thanks,
Fawad Khaliq