[openstack-dev] [kolla] Mission change suggested by the TC for big tent

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon Aug 3 15:47:28 UTC 2015

On 7/30/15, 4:26 PM, "Doug Hellmann" <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

>Excerpts from Steven Dake (stdake)'s message of 2015-07-30 15:27:15 +0000:
>>
>> On 7/29/15, 1:23 PM, "Doug Hellmann" <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Excerpts from Steven Dake (stdake)'s message of 2015-07-29 20:07:26
>>+0000:

>>core
>>strong
>>is
>> >
>> >My intent is not to change it at all, but to remove the "marketing
>> >fluff", to be consistent with the nature of the missions described
>> >by most of the other projects.  By all means, hold to those other
>> >ideals and goals, but in the project list we want the mission to
>> >say what you're doing as clearly and concisely as possible.
>> >
>> >Doug
>>
>> Doug,
>>
>> Its all good, I think the change you suggested simplifies the statement
>> without changing the intent.  We can still do all those other things as
>> you just indicated if we choose to.
>>
>> I still want to give the core reviewer team an opportunity to vote on
>>the
>> change which is why I set the short deadline of Aug 3rd to vote -1 (and
>> act as a veto vote) which would trigger irc meetings to rework the
>>mission
>> statement.
>
>Sure, having the team vote & comment is absolutely appropriate, I
>just wanted to clarify the reasons for the change. :-)

Doug,

I communicated with all but one of our core reviewers (Martin Andre) who
is moving countries ATM and the core reviewer team are +1 on the mission
statement change.  I’m not sure when Martin gets settled, and I don’t want
to block.  Knowing Martin, he wouldn’t have a strong opinion on the matter.

Regards
-steve