[openstack-dev] [neutron] till when must code land to make it in liberty

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 04:53:47 UTC 2015

On 31 July 2015 at 20:33, Paul Carver <pcarver at paulcarver.us> wrote:

> On 7/31/2015 9:47 AM, Kyle Mestery wrote:
>
> However, it's reasonable to assume the later you propose your RFE bug, the
>> less of a chance it has of making it. We do enforce the Feature Freeze
>> [2],
>> which is the week of August 31 [3]. Thus, effectively you have 4 weeks to
>> submit patches for new features.
>>

> Does the feature freeze apply to "big tent" work? I certainly think we
> should try to stick as close to Neutron process as possible, but I'm
> wondering if we need to consider August 31 a hard deadline for the
> networking-sfc work.
>
> I suspect we won't be feature complete by the 31st, we will probably need
> to work well into September in order to ensure that we have something with
> all the necessary parts working.

Technically speaking the projects under the neutron folder have an
independent release schedule [1,2]; so you could go past the deadline, if
need be.

[1] http://governance.openstack.org/reference/tags/release_independent.html
[2]
http://governance.openstack.org/reference/projects/neutron.html#project-neutron