[openstack-dev] os-ansible-deplpoyment has released Kilo

Liu, Guang Jun (Gene) Gene.Liu at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Apr 30 22:46:08 UTC 2015

cool!
From: Kevin Carter [kevin.carter at RACKSPACE.COM]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:36 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: [openstack-dev] os-ansible-deplpoyment has released Kilo

Hello Stackers,

The OpenStack Ansible Deployment (OSAD) project is happy to announce our stable Kilo release, version 11.0.0. The project has come a very long way from initial inception and taken a lot of work to excise our original vendor logic from the stack and transform it into a community-driven architecture and deployment process. If you haven’t yet looked at the `os-ansible-deployment` project on StackForge, we'd love for you to take a look now [ https://github.com/stackforge/os-ansible-deployment ]. We offer an OpenStack solution orchestrated by Ansible and powered by upstream OpenStack source. OSAD is a "batteries included" OpenStack deployment solution that delivers OpenStack as the developers intended it: no modifications to nor secret sauce in the services it deploys. This release includes 436 commits that brought the project from Rackspace Private Cloud technical debt to an OpenStack community deployment solution. I'd like to recognize the following people (from Git logs) for all of their hard work in making the OSAD project successful:

Andy McCrae
Matt Thompson
Jesse Pretorius
Hugh Saunders
Darren Birkett
Nolan Brubaker
Christopher H. Laco
Ian Cordasco
Miguel Grinberg
Matthew Kassawara
Steve Lewis
Matthew Oliver
git-harry
Justin Shepherd
Dave Wilde
Tom Cameron
Charles Farquhar
BjoernT
Dolph Mathews
Evan Callicoat
Jacob Wagner
James W Thorne
Sudarshan Acharya
Jesse P
Julian Montez
Sam Yaple
paul
Jeremy Stanley
Jimmy McCrory
Miguel Alex Cantu
elextro

While Rackspace remains the main proprietor of the project in terms of community members and contributions, we're looking forward to more community participation especially after our stable Kilo release with a community focus. Thank you to everyone that contributed on the project so far and we look forward to working with more of you as we march on.

—

Kevin Carter