[openstack-dev] [all] [cross-project] Any Openstack partitioning movements in this summit?

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 01:56:32 UTC 2015

Hi Ioy,

Sounds like an interesting topic, especially for the item c) :) Look
forward to this discussion at the summit

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 9:32 AM, loy wolfe <loywolfe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nova cell has emerged for several release cycles, with the mission of
> scalability. Now there are claims of Neutron cell. Maybe similar
> Cinder/Ceilometer partition demands would appear in the future.
>
> So I wander if cross-project Openstack partitioning would go into the
> our sight in the near term, with the following topics for example:
>
> a) Any other value for partitioning besides scalability? e.g. fault
> domain isolation, heterogeneous integration...
> b) Which projects need partitioning besides Nova?
> Cidner/Neutron/Ceilometer/Glance/Keystone?
> c) Standalone partition design and deploy for each project, or some
> collaboration is need across them?  e.g. Can a host belong to one Nova
> partition and another Cinder partition?
> d) Concept clarifying and instructions on different partition
> granularity, e.g. Cell, Available Zone, Aggregator...
> e) Interface choice between parent and child partitions, internal RPC
> or external REST, or some other protocols?
>

> Best Regards

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Prooduct Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado