[openstack-dev] [Neutron] A big tent home for Neutron backend code

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Apr 30 01:19:14 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-29 16:46:13 -0700 (-0700), Joe Gordon wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com>
[...]
> >> 1) Project governance has moved to a "big tent" model [1].  The vast
> >> majority of projects that used to be in Stackforge are being folded in
> >
> I think the phrase 'vast majority' is misleading, there are still a lot of
> projects on stackforge.
[...]

Even the word "majority" is incorrect, at least for the moment.
Ignoring openstack-attic and stackforge-attic, of the 627
non-retired git repositories hosted in our infrastructure, 55% are
stackforge and 45% are openstack.*.

    ssh -p 29418 review.openstack.org gerrit ls-projects \
        |cut -d/ -f1|sort|uniq -c

The majority (by any sense of the word) are currently still squarely
stackforge. Once all the chef cookbooks and puppet modules switch
then the percentages there invert, but I have to agree with Joe that
it's by no means "vast" even then. If all the fuel repos also move
then that brings us to a 60/40 split in favor of openstack. Maybe
that starts to count as vast?

Regardless, the stackforge/networking-.* repos only make up 3% of
the total count.
--
Jeremy Stanley