[openstack-dev] [all] Question for the TC candidates

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Apr 29 18:59:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-29 at 18:28 +0300, Maish Saidel-Keesing wrote:
> How about the fact that the definition of an ATC was changed [1] for a
> free Summit pass? [2]

This was not a decision of the TC, it was a decision of the Foundation
staff. The definition of ATC has *not* changed, that's embedded in the
bylaws.

And who gets the pass hasn't changed much either: people who are
*actively* committing code and documentation to OpenStack have received
an invite.

Previously we have considered *actively* committing code and docs ==
ATC. For this cycle the Foundation staff started considering better ways
to identify those that actually contribute to the design discussions.

The details of who gets a free invite may change again in the future
because we want to keep the Open promises, without compromising the
event.

HTH
stef