[openstack-dev] [all] Question for the TC candidates

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 17:45:54 UTC 2015

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> Taking as given that we should be open and communicate more, I would
> like to ask a concrete question.  It seems like there is a general
> sense of concern about communication, but I want to make sure it's
> not related to ongoing discussions.  Is there something specific
> that happened over the last year that was a surprise, or that was
> not communicated well? Something we could address in the short term
> with a blog post or email discussion?

I don't know about others, but for me it has been a general concern
and nothing specific. In fact until this subthread went (mildly) boom
I had just kind of assumed it was a well known concern and no one
would be surprised by it being an issue of import for the coming cycle
and beyond.

> For what it's worth, I'm not reading this discussion as us disagreeing
> in any way. We made some reasonable starts at publicizing our ongoing
> work, but it's clear we can do better from a technical standpoint
> (tagging posts) and from a volume standpoint (publishing more often).
> I'm interested in having more input into how best to improve
> communication, so I keep asking questions and I'm glad you're all still
> answering. :-)

It sounds like you and I are and have been mostly on the same page,
finding data, exploring the options, etc. I think it has been pretty
productive, at least in the sense that we know more than we did
before.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent