[openstack-dev] [puppet] beaker-rspec tests blueprint

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 00:27:58 UTC 2015

On 04/28/2015 04:16 PM, Gabriele Cerami wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for people who, like me, would like to contribute to the effort of
> adding tests to the upcoming beaker-rspec framework, could be really
> helpful discussing about the scope, requirements and goals for the
> framework and for a test to make sense in this environment.

So Spencer (nibalizer) and I are working on getting the basics bits for
Ubuntu Trusty right now.

You can follow the work here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i2z5QyvukHCWU_JjkWrTpn-PexPBnt3bWPlQfiDGsj8/edit#gid=0

and here: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug-1444736,n,z

Once we have basic structure passing the CI, we may want to support
CentOS7: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/175434/

And once we have both ubuntu & centos happy with basic structure &
tests, we may want to support multiple scenarios, having advanced
serverspec tests, etc.

> I'd like to see, if possible, a blueprint proposed to the community
> about beaker-rspec.

Feel free to initiate this work on
https://github.com/stackforge/puppet-openstack-specs, taking in
consideration what we already did.
Also, make sure you're familiar with OpenStack Infra configuration
(Jenkins jobs): https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config

Thanks for your help!