[openstack-dev] [all] Question for the TC candidates

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Tue Apr 28 18:30:01 UTC 2015

Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2015-04-28 16:30:21 +0100 (+0100), Chris Dent wrote:
> [...]
>> What's important to avoid is the blog postings being only reporting of
>> "conclusions". They also need to be invitations to participate in the
>> discussions. Yes, the mailing list, gerrit and meeting logs have some
>> of the ongoing discussions but often, without a nudge, people won't
>> know.
> [...]
>
> Perhaps better visibility for the meeting agenda would help? As in
> "these are the major topics we're planning to cover in the upcoming
> meeting, everyone is encouraged to attend" sort of messaging?
> Blogging that might be a bit obnoxious, not really sure (I'm one of
> those luddites who prefer mailing lists to blogs so tend not to
> follow the latter anyway).

What about having a IRC bot that announces meetings + agends (based on
some calendar/config file/other...), then people could log-in to say a
#openstack-meeting-announce channel and be notified of meetings that are
about to start (including the TC one...); could be useful? and then if
people complain well u can say there exists a channel where all this
notification happens (and if they think it to noisy, leave the channel)...

-Josh