[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Linuxbridge as the default in DevStack

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Tue Apr 28 16:33:11 UTC 2015

I wanted to provide a quick update - the patch is passing tests at the
gate, however it is with a couple defaults hard-coded in. We are picking
eth0 as the physical interface, and VLANs.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/168423/

I have another patch that is WIP that switches to VXLAN, but I also need
to adjust the defaults to make it work.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/176927/

In short, we're very close, I just need to make some changes to the
first patch, so that it picks up and utilizes variables set by the user
in their local.conf file, like FLAT_INTERFACE or PUBLIC_INTERFACE
(depending on the mechanism driver) while also still using settings that
reflect our configuration at the gate.

--
Sean M. Collins