[openstack-dev] [kolla] implement openvswitch container

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Apr 28 14:52:51 UTC 2015

From: FangFenghua <fang_fenghua at hotmail.com<mailto:fang_fenghua at hotmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 7:02 AM
To: "openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [kolla] implement openvswitch container

I want to enbale openvswitch container.  I tink i can do that like:

1 add a container that run ovs process
2 add a container that run neutron-openvswitch-agent
3  share the db.sock in compose.yaml
4 add configure script and check script for the 2 containers

that's all i need to do, right?

That should do it

You may need to configure the ovs process in the start.sh script and neutron-openvswitch-agent, which will be the most difficult part of the work.

Note our agents atm are a “fat container” but if you can get ovs in a separate container, that would be ideal. We are planning to redux the fat container we have to single-purpose containers.

Regards
-steve