[openstack-dev] [puppet] CI status & proposal for puppet-syntax-future jobs

Sebastien Badia sbadia at redhat.com
Tue Apr 28 13:48:16 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 06:56:55PM (-0400), Emilien Macchi wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I dressed a spreadsheet with the current status of our CI [1].
>You can see that we need to work on Puppet 4.0 [2] and beaker [3].

Oh! Nice, thanks Emilien :-)

>Otherwise, gate-puppet-*-puppet-syntax-future is green everywhere and I
>don't see any reason why they should not vote in our CI process.
>
>Also, once we have Puppet 4.0 jobs green everywhere, it makes sense they
>will also vote.

Yep it's a WIP:

  * https://bugs.launchpad.net/puppet-nova/+bug/1444736
  * https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1447620,n,z

it remains « only » neutron, nova and swift but it will not be the easier :-)
anyway, I'm working on it (just updated the sheet for puppet4 unit).

>Please raise your hand if you're against this idea, otherwise I'll
>submit the patch in project-config.

I'm not sure if this thread is the good one, but about enable voting on beaker
jobs (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/176343/), I'm not sure it's a good idea.

I saw this, more like a kind of help for the review, and not really a vote. I
would not block some patches because of a too restrictive CI (especially that
the tests are interdependent and will complicate over the time).

Anyway, Thanks for the progress that's cool!

Seb

--
Sebastien Badia