[openstack-dev] Navigating the ever changing OpenStack codebase

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Apr 27 23:00:18 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-27 17:38:25 -0500 (-0500), Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
> Unfortunately, there's one problem with that: you can't tell tox to use
> a virtualenv that you've built.  We need this capability at present, so
> we have to run tests using run_tests.sh instead of tox :(  I have an
> issue open on tox to address this need, but haven't seen any movement on
> that; so until then, I have to oppose the removal of run_tests.sh…
> despite how much *I'd* like to see it bite the dust!

Bug report is https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/tox/issue/153 for those
following along. I agree that's unfortunate, though a (likely
suboptimal) workaround is to have tox create the virtualenv, then do
whatever you need to modify it, then don't have tox recreate it on a
subsequent run of your tests.
--
Jeremy Stanley