[openstack-dev] [heat] Stack/Resource updated_at conventions

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 17:38:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 04:46:20PM +0100, Steven Hardy wrote:
> AFAICT there's two options:
>
> 1. Update the stack.Stack so we store "now" at every transition (e.g in
> state_set)
>
> 2. Stop trying to explicitly control updated_at, and just allow the oslo
> TimestampMixin to do it's job and update updated_at every time the DB model
> is updated.

Ok, at the risk of answering my own question, there's a third option, which
is to output an event for all stack transitions, not only resource
transitions.  This appears to be the way the CFN event API works AFAICS.

I guess the event would have a dummy OS::Heat::Stack type and then you
could find the most recent transition to e.g UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS in the
events and use that as a marker so you only list results after that event?

Steve