[openstack-dev] Please stop reviewing code while asking questions

Zaro zaro0508 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 15:41:55 UTC 2015

To follow up on Robert's post, Gerrit's query command [1] supports the
retrieval of comments for each patchset so maybe we just need to add the
'--comments' option when requesting changes [2] ?

Since I've posted, I'll just provide my own opinion on this topic.  I have
no problems with a -1 ask a question vote for any reason but I do think
that it's irresponsible to _not_ follow up.  So it's the follow up that I
would like to see fixed not the restriction on reviews because I feel that
it would discourage reviews.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/Documentation/cmd-query.html
[2]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/reviewstats/tree/reviewstats/utils.py#n170