[openstack-dev] [pbr] support for 'python setup.py install'

Dave Walker email at daviey.com
Sat Apr 25 15:33:53 UTC 2015

I'm not going to pretend it is graceful... but is there a situation
where _" isn't correct?

$ cat setup.py
#!/usr/bin/env python

from distutils.core import setup as _setup
import os

def new_setup(**attrs):
        if "pip" not in os.environ.get("_"):
            raise SystemExit("Please use pip to install")
        else:
            _setup(**attrs)

setup = new_setup

setup(name='foobar',