[openstack-dev] Please stop reviewing code while asking questions

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Fri Apr 24 15:06:03 UTC 2015

On 24 April 2015 at 16:50, Chris Friesen <chris.friesen at windriver.com>
wrote:

> On 04/24/2015 07:26 AM, Salvatore Orlando wrote:
>
>  If you think it might be beneficial to adjust tooling to that these
>> "contributions" get counted this is fine by me. I just wanted to point
>> out that
>> I do not consider those contributions at all (and btw it would be at
>> least more
>> polite to put a +1 rather than a -1).
>>

> If you're asking a question to elicit information, then it's quite
> possible you don't have enough information for a +1 yet.

This makes sense in general. I was referring to the specific cases posed by
Julien - curiosities, pedantry, or questions unrelated to the scope of the
patch.
Julien clarified that there actually questions which grant a -1, and surely
never a +1. For instance the kind of "what if" questions listed by Doug. In
this case it make sense for a reviewer to put a hold a patch while waiting
for an answer.