[openstack-dev] [neutron] Need guidance - functional tests and rootwrap

Paul Michali pc at michali.net
Fri Apr 24 13:48:50 UTC 2015

Hi,
I'm floundering a bit, and could use some guidance on this...

For the neutron-vpnaas repo, I am trying to modify the functional jobs
(dsvm-functional and dsvm-functional-sswan) to act in a similar manner to
neutron, where devstack is configured, but no stacking is performed.

I'm trying to do the same thing and have the jobs doing the configuration
only. Side note: there are two jobs, because there are currently two
reference implementations of VPN drivers, each of which require a different
IPSec package installed.

As part of this setup, in tox.ini, the neutron deploy_rootwrap.sh script is
called which places the rootwrap filters and config file in the repo's
.tox/dsvm-functional/etc/neutron/ area (or
./tox/dsvm-functional-sswan/etc/neutron/).

Now, the issue I see is that tests trying to run "ip" commands, are failing
saying that the config file is invalid:

ERROR neutron_vpnaas.services.vpn.common.netns_wrapper [-] Incorrect
configuration file: /etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf

As you can see, this is trying to access the rootwrap.conf in /etc/neutron
and not the one in
/opt/stack/new/neutron-vpnaas/.tox/dsvm-functioanl-sswan/etc/neutron/.

For Neutron, how is the dsvm-functional job directing the rootwrap daemon
to use the files in the repo's .tox area?

Here is the review in quesstion:  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/168115/

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance!

Paul Michali (pc_m)