[openstack-dev] TC Candidacy

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Thu Apr 23 00:05:30 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

I’d like to announce my candidacy for the TC elections.

Here is a list of the main directions I would like to concentrate on as a
TC member:

* Continue to grow the OpenStack long-term vision and inclusive approach
that comes with "The Big Tent". We should not just be more inclusive, but
also provide new OpenStack projects with fine-grained directions for
improvements, recommendations and cross-project coordination.

* Strengthen the voice of the platform projects (Heat, Sahara, Murano, etc)
on the Technical Committee.

* Bring additional focus and attention to OpenStack end users of all
levels, especially application developers who are the most active cloud
users.

* Help OpenStack community newcomers better understand the process of
contributing, learning the upstream tooling, and finding answers to their
common questions.

* Allow more self-governance and automation of common tasks like adding new
source repositories without TC pre-approval.

A few words about me. I have been actively involved in OpenStack community
for the last 2.5 years. I’m PTL of OpenStack Data Processing service
(“Sahara”) from its very beginning and a core team member of the OpenStack
Infrastructure team. Before OpenStack, I was involved in other open source
projects including Apache/Twitter Storm, Kotlin and Big Data solutions. I’m
currently leading the Sahara team and an internal OpenStack Infra clone
initiative at Mirantis.

Thanks.

--
Sincerely yours,