[openstack-dev] [oslo][policy][neutron] oslo.policy API is not powerful enough to switch Neutron to it

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Wed Apr 22 18:22:53 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-22 at 08:49 -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> That feature sounds like it could be useful outside of neutron, so let's
> see if we can come up with a new syntax to make it portable. Bonus
> points if the new syntax results in a proper DSL.

I have been thinking that I should point people to the "policies"
package[1] I built, and this DSL comment has finally pushed me over the
edge :)  It's a complete clean-room implementation with a completely
different syntax than oslo.policy, so I don't know how interested anyone
here would be in using it, but there it is.

(I have it licensed under the GPL right now, but if anyone wants to use
it, I'd be happy to relicense under Apache…)

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/policies
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Rackspace