[openstack-dev] [puppet] Moving forward with puppet-keystone CI (beaker tests)

Spencer Krum krum.spencer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:53:35 UTC 2015

Emillen,

Do you see shelling out to openstackclient in the keystone test to verify
that the keystone resources have been created? Do you see trying to hit the
api from something like aviator? Ultimately I'd like to see us spin up an
entire openstack in one test then hit it with tempest.

It may be possible to use a very narrow version of tempest to validate just
keystone.

Thanks,
Spencer

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 7:51 AM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some important work is being done on Keystone v3 API support in
> puppet-keystone.
> We've clearly seen there is a lack of review and I think we all worry
> about breaking something.
> Spencer & I are working on beaker tests lately and the jobs are
> non-voting for now.
>
> I propose:
> * to review (and eventually merge) the beaker-tests patches [1] [2] for
> Keystone & openstacklib.
> * to patch project-config [3] to make vote Beaker jobs in Puppet
> OpenStack gate for puppet-keystone & puppet-openstacklib. Why voting?
> Because otherwise I'm not sure people will notice the failure and some
> patches will be merged while beaker is red.
>
> So we can have a good set of tests that will help us to detect some
> issues in the future.
> I don't think we will catch all mistakes we can do, but this is a good
> start.
>
> To vote this proposal, you can use the gerrit patches and let any feedback.
>
> Thanks,
>
> [1] puppet-keystone: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/155873/
> [2] puppet-openstacklib: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/176098/
> [3] project-config: https://review.openstack.org/176343