[openstack-dev] [oslo] eventlet 0.17.3 is now fully Python 3 compatible

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:02:34 UTC 2015

> Hi, All,
>
> My 2c are:
>
> - yes, oslo.db supports python 3 (unittests passes, at least :) )
> - MySQL-python still default MySQL DB driver in OpenStack, but at the
> moment the only DB driver for MySQL in python3 environment is PyMySQL, so I
> think, it's ok to use it with python 3.

​Hi.​

I'm maintainer of PyMySQL and mysqlclient.

mysqlclient is fork of MySQL-python.  It uses libmysqlclient.so.
It fixes some bugs, build issues and it support Python 3. For example:

* Support MariaDB's libmysqlclient.so
* Support microsecond in TIME column

I recommend to use mysqlclient instead of MySQL-python even on Python 2.

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mysqlclient
https://github.com/PyMySQL/mysqlclient-python

--
INADA Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>