[openstack-dev] [puppet] [infra] Moving repositories to OpenStack namespace

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 14:24:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

Puppet OpenStack is now part of the big tent [1] and we would like to
move our repositories from Stackforge to OpenStack namespace.

How we are going to proceed
====================

* Patch project-config: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/176326/ (WIP
for now)
* Github: Repositories will be transfered to the other namespace, and
redirection will be managed by Github
* git.openstack.org will move the repositories but no redirection is
possible here, you'll have to change remote urls.
* Make a request to openstack-infra about the redirection [2].

Impact
======

* We need to schedule it because it will involve some Gerrit outage, to
make changes in its database and filesystem, and rebuild search indexes.
* This will be postponed after the kilo release to not slow-down other
projects.
* We will have to patch all our modules for this change (.fixtures,
metadata.json, beaker, etc...). In theory, that should not break our CI,
but that could happen. We will make sure to have some Puppet OpenStack
folks around during this time.
* If you are not using Github, you'll have to change your remote-url
otherwise.

@infra: please let me know when we can proceed.
@puppet: any feedback/question on this change is welcome.

Thanks,