[openstack-dev] [heat][novaclient] heat gate is broken because of new novaclient

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Apr 22 11:07:13 UTC 2015

On 04/22/2015 04:09 AM, Angus Salkeld wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can we please have a new release of novaclient (after the below fix)?
>
> Heat's unit tests pass fine with:
> python-novaclient (2.23.0)
>
> but python-novaclient 2.24.0 introduces this bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-novaclient/+bug/1437244
>
> We still need this patch in: https://review.openstack.org/176228
>
> We should also update requirements to exclude 2.24.0

I've got an alternate fix here - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/176252/

I was -1 for a long time on the complex repr stuff in the introducing
patch, and I think that's just going to get us into other problems down
the road. The repr fall back for Resource is totally fine, and we should
just use that.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague