[openstack-dev] [oslo] release of Paste 2.0 with an experimental Python 3 support

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 10:22:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

Ian Bicking allowed me to publish new versions of the Paste project:

   https://bitbucket.org/ianb/paste

This project blocked many OpenStack applications to be ported to Python 3:

   https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Python3#OpenStack_applications

Good news: I just released Paste 2.0 which has an experimental Python 3 support. According to my quick tests, it should be enough for nova for example.

Paste version is not capped in global-requirements.txt: "Paste", so you should get Paste 2.0 in gates in next hours if it's not already the case.

If you see any regression, please bug me so I can fix them quickly!

All Paste unit tests now pass on Python 2.6 and 2.7 (I had to fix some simple issues before the release), and only a few remaining unit tests are still failing on Python 3.

The previous Paste release (1.7.5.1) was published 5 years ago! ;-)

Victor