[openstack-dev] [Zaqar] Call for adoption (or exclusion?)

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Tue Apr 21 18:58:09 UTC 2015

This touches on many of the aspects of the Ops tagging to be discussed in
Vancouver.

What are the criteria for

- An operator to consider a PoC for a new function ? We look for RDO
packaging, Puppet configuration and ops/end user documentation.
- An operator offering function to their end users in test (I.e. This
works well enough to see if there is an end user benefit to justify the
operations cost) ?
- An operator to offer this in production (I.e. The operator deploys the
code and makes it available to the end users) ? This implies scaling,
upgradability, etc. and commits to a sustainable roadmap (with the
community)

I really appreciate the reflections going on here since the worst case
scenario for us is that the end users of the cloud become dependent on a
component and finding that the community is not self sustaining.

Tagging allows the operator to make an informed decision given their user
community and assess the risk vs benefit.

Tim