[openstack-dev] [neutron] neutron DB upgrade

Guo, Ruijing ruijing.guo at intel.com
Tue Apr 21 12:25:30 UTC 2015

Somebody can help me to understand why neutron DB is needed upgrade even in refresh installation unlike other components.

>From my understanding,  DB upgrade is risky and needed when upgrade.

Release A should have schema A and Release B should have schema B.

Only upgrade A to B need to upgrade DB.

In the same time,  can we separate neutron DB as vendor DB & non-vendor DB?

1.  For that case, we can upgrade vendor DB if we use some vendor scenario.

2. we already separate vendor code from neutron code base.

Thanks,
-Ruijing