[openstack-dev] [Zaqar] Call for adoption (or exclusion?)

Steve Baker sbaker at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 23:12:22 UTC 2015

On 21/04/15 11:01, Angus Salkeld wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 8:38 AM, Fox, Kevin M <Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
> <mailto:Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov>> wrote:
>
>     As an Op, a few things that come to mind in that category are:
>      * RDO packaging (stated earlier). If its not easy to install, its
>     not going to be deployed as much. I haven't installed it yet,
>     because I haven't had time to do much other then yum install it...
>      * Horizon UI
>      * Heat Resources. (Some basic stuff like create/delete queue to
>     go along with the stack. also link #1 below)
>

> Here you go:
> https://github.com/openstack/heat/tree/master/contrib/heat_zaqar
One thing we need to do in Vancouver is come up with criteria for moving
resources from contrib into the main tree. Previously this was whether
the project was integrated. As a starter I would suggest something like:
1. project is in the openstack git namespace
2. the client library is synced with global-requirements.txt
3. the resources are complete enough to be useful in template authoring

We need to think about potential for integration testing in the gate too.