[openstack-dev] [oslo][pbr] getting 0.11 out the door. Maybe even 1.0

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 10:10:58 UTC 2015

> If there's nothing majorly wrong mid-L, I'd like to release 1.0.0 just
> to get us into 'ok its stable' mentality.

I read that many packages modify the source code of libraries and applications to avoid a dependency to pbr at runtime. What's the status of this issue? Is pbr still used/required to get the version of a package a runtime?

I'm not sure that it's an issue in pbr itself. Maybe applications should be fixed instead.

(Sorry if it was already discussed and I missed the conclusion.)

Victor