[openstack-dev] What's Up Doc? April 17, 2015

Anne Gentle | Just Write Click annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri Apr 17 17:27:06 UTC 2015

_Migration Day!_
Both our End User Guide and our Admin User Guide have been migrated from
DocBook source to RST source and now build with Sphinx and a shiny new
theme:

http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/index.html
http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide-admin/index.html

Multiple thanks and shout-outs to everyone who made this happen, it's about
six months of effort and a big blueprint to mark COMPLETE! If you see any
problems, please report them at http://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals.
The new design may take a while to learn how to navigate but it's a marked
improvement in both user and contributor experience. Now go, write some
docs!

_New Theme_
Developers, you can now use the openstackdocstheme rather than oslosphinx
for your developer docs published to docs.openstack.org/developer. Please
read the openstackdocstheme/README.rst [1] carefully as it has important
information about required conf.py changes. You can also continue to use
oslosphinx, though I believe consistency is best.

_Docs Analytics_
Projects, I'd like all of you to rebuild your docs using either theme as we
need to get web analytics working again. For the last year or so, only nova
and swift have had web analytics consistently. Gold star to
oslosphinx-the-project for being first to build with their updated theme
containing analytics - who will be next?

_Bug Triage Day_
Join us next Thursday, April 23, for a doc bug triage day! [2] We have doc
team members standing by around the clock to answer questions and triage
doc bugs.

_Liberty Summit Doc Topics_
Please add your docs hot topics here for consideration to discuss in
Vancouver:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Docs_Liberty_Design_Sessions
Lana will combine and compile to add to the wiki using the schedule. [3]

Thanks,
Anne

1.
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstackdocstheme/tree/README.rst