[openstack-dev] Regarding ONOS L3 integration with OpenStack Neutron

Dongfeng (C) albert.dongfeng at huawei.com
Thu Apr 16 06:40:23 UTC 2015

Hi Kyle,

I am currently contributing to integrating ONOS with OpenStack Neutron. I just have a doubt. Could you please kindly clarify?

For L2 integration, it is clear that we can directly develop a ML2 driver for ONOS without having to register a BP.

But for L3 integration, since currently there is no provider and driver support for L3 router service plugin, do we still need to register a L3 plugin BP for ONOS?

Moreover, if the above BP is needed, will the corresponding code be part of Neutron or reside outside neutron as vendor code?

Regards,
Feng