[openstack-dev] [all] QPID incompatible with python 3 and untested in gate -- what to do?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 15 12:57:15 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-15 11:53:28 +0200 (+0200), Flavio Percoco wrote:
[...]
> When I proposed removing the GridFS driver from glance_store, I asked
> for feedback in other mailing lists and then came back here proposing
> de dev removal.

Got it--so the recommendation is to not ask the developer community
until the operator community has been polled for input first. I
suppose I can see the logic there. We do already get plenty of
E-mail on the dev ML.

> The point I tried to make in my previous email is that, whenever we
> propose removing something important - like support for a broker - the
> broader the audience we try to get feedback from is, the better. You
> can argue saying that it's very unlikely that there are ops in the
> "OpenStack General mailing list" that are not in the ops m-l, but we
> don't know that.
[...]

On the other hand, limiting these sorts of discussions to only the
most appropriate venues encourages those who didn't get a say in the
discussion to join the mailing lists where they take place so that
they can participate more effectively in the future.
--
Jeremy Stanley