[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Alternate meeting time

marios marios at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 08:46:49 UTC 2015

On 15/04/15 00:13, James Slagle wrote:
> Hi, TripleO currently has an alternate meeting time scheduled for
> Wednesdays at 08:00 UTC. The alternate meeting actually hasn't
> happened the last 4 occurrences that I know of [2].
>
> Do we still need the alternate meeting time slot? I'd like to
> accommodate as many people as possible to be either to attend one of
> our two meeting times. The last time this came up, we tracked people's
> opinions in an etherpad[3], and a doodle, which has since expired.
> Maybe a good first step would be to just update your preferences in
> the etherpad, so we can start to see if there's a larger group of
> people we can accommodate at the alternate meeting time.

I don't think we need the alternate slot. imo the point of the alternate
meeting time was so that everyone ends up with a 'convenient' slot and a
'inconvenient not impossible' slot so that there is at least in general
some overlap between the attendees. I think the current alternate slot
makes it ok for europe but impossible for US based folk which means it
just becomes the 'Europe and Australia' meeting so we get two
essentially disparate meetings.

thanks, marios

I used [1] as a reference, in case it is useful for anyone else

[1]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20150415&p2=37&p3=179&p4=137&p5=57&p6=196