[openstack-dev] [nova] novaclient 'stable-compat-jobs-{name}' broken

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Apr 14 22:03:03 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-14 11:52:14 -1000 (-1000), melanie witt wrote:
[...]
> And then next we need to get some stable branches cut and get some
> guidance from infra on how we can run stable-compat-jobs only on
> changes proposed to stable branches for novaclient.

Our regular integration testing jobs do this by default. When a
change is proposed to a stable branch of a project, devstack-gate
checks out the same branch name for the other projects being tested
with it and updates requirements based on the global requirements
list for that branch.

The backward-compatibility jobs were a workaround for the fact that
by default changes proposed to the master branch of a project are
only tested with the master branches of other projects.
--
Jeremy Stanley