[openstack-dev] [nova] novaclient 'stable-compat-jobs-{name}' broken

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 11:21:21 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 04:26:01PM +0800, ZhiQiang Fan wrote:
> not pyhton-novaclient only, all openstack project clients have fail gate
> for stable/icehouse and stable/juno

In some cases stable/icehouse doesn't fail (like in cinderclient), but
you are right, they are failing everywhere.

> since we have pinned them in global requirements, so new changes in master
> should not run stable gate any more, otherwise, version conflict will be
> raised.

When you say they should not be run anymore you mean from now on or for
the moment?

Because I've seen in some cases that they mention they will add them
later once a stable/juno branch is added to the client.

I have seen in some cases that requirements have been changed, for
example from <=1.1.0 to <1.2.0, to be able to keep running these tests
[1][2]. Is this not a recommended change?

I'm asking because that's the path I've taken to fix this in
cinderclient [3][4]

Cheers,
Gorka.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172718/