[openstack-dev] [infra][glanceclient][cinderclient] Problems with juno check jobs

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 10:42:09 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 03:55:04PM +0100, stuart.mclaren at hp.com wrote:
> Hi Gorka,
>
> Glance is seeing something very similar [3].
>
> I've updated the two bugs ([1],[3]) with some extra info.
> Both issues seem to have started around April 7th.
>
> Would anyone from infra be able to take a quick look?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Stuart
>
> [3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/1442682
>
> >Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 13:35:42 +0200
> >From: Gorka Eguileor <geguileo at redhat.com>
> >To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
> >Subject: [openstack-dev] [Heat] [Cinderclient] All patches getting -1
> >	on	Cinderclient
> >
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Currently all patches in Cinderclient are getting -1 from Jenkins
> >because gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-python-cinderclient-juno is
> >failing.
> >
> >I opened a LP bug [1] on this, but basically the issue comes from Heat's
> >requirements cap on Cinderclient [2] to an upper bound of 1.1.1 when
> >current version is reported as 1.1.1.post100.
> >
> >So if you're getting -1 from that job, remember it's not you. ;-)
> >

> >Cheers,
> >Gorka.
> >
> >[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1442086
> >[2] https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/stable/juno/requirements.txt#L25

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for the helpful comments on the LP bugs.

I see there have been 3 approaches to solve this:
- Temporarily disable the test [1] [2]
- Skip the test if requirements is caped and current version doesn't
  match [3]
- Update requirements.txt [4][5]

In cinderclient's case I would prefer to update Heat requirements upper
limit from <=1.1.1 to <1.1.2 instead of suppressing icehouse and/or juno
tests, so I have submitted 2 patches that should fix this [6][7]

Cheers,
Gorka.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172999/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172662/