[openstack-dev] [neutron] Neutron scaling datapoints?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Sun Apr 12 01:03:32 UTC 2015

Kevin Benton wrote:

> One of the most common is the heartbeat from each agent. However, I
> don't think we can't eliminate them because they are used to determine
> if the agents are still alive for scheduling purposes. Did you have
> something else in mind to determine if an agent is alive?

Put each agent in a tooz[1] group; have each agent periodically
heartbeat[2], have whoever needs to schedule read the active members of
that group (or use [3] to get notified via a callback), profit...

Pick from your favorite (supporting) driver at:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tooz/compatibility.html

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tooz/compatibility.html#grouping
[2] https://github.com/openstack/tooz/blob/0.13.1/tooz/coordination.py#L315
[3]