[openstack-dev] [cinder] volume driver for Blockbridge EPS backend

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Apr 11 01:01:53 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-11 01:28:51 +0300 (+0300), Duncan Thomas wrote:
[...]
> We will not be merging any drivers without stable 3rd party CI in
> future
[...]

For clarity, hopefully this is "stable testing reporting on changes
to the project" in general, and not "3rd party CI" specifically.
After all, the Project Infrastructure team is thrilled to have other
free/libre software leveraging our systems, and are happy to work
with authors of the same to help set that up as long as it doesn't
have any dependency on special hardware or otherwise present serious
complications with our system design. In these cases it wouldn't be
a third party doing the testing, because it would be tested
upstream.

Unfortunately we've seen too many free software devs in recent
months trying to bow and scrape hardware into service so they could
meet the testing requirements set forth by OpenStack projects,
without realizing that we're here to help. It's a burden for anyone
to get running, but at least for non-proprietary drivers and
plug-ins we can try to make sure it's a little less of a burden by
showing them how to test upstream.
--
Jeremy Stanley