[openstack-dev] [all] how to send messages (and events) to our users

Ryan Brown rybrown at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 18:31:58 UTC 2015

On 04/10/2015 01:52 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> Flavio Percoco wrote:
>> On 10/04/15 10:00 -0400, Ryan Brown wrote:
>>> On 04/09/2015 09:40 PM, Angus Salkeld wrote:

[snip]

>>> Zaqar as it presently exists, maybe. Zaqar *wants* to fit these cases,
>>> and they want our feedback if they are missing anything to support
>>> these.
>>
>> Yes, please. I'd go a bit further than this and say we're willing to
>> help on getting this done as that'll be one of the things the team
>> will focus on in the next cycle.
>>

>>> The biggest stretch here IMO is (4) because not all Zaqar storage
>>> backends support strict ordering, but that can be fixed at the
>>> application layer.
>>
>> Correct, right now the mongodb storage is the only one with support
>> for FIFO. This has been made optional in Kilo.
>
> And just to bring up this painful point again ;)
>
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-March/030510.html
>
> Please no mongodb ;)

Folks wishing not to comply with the AGPL can choose not to do so: all
they have to do is pay for a commercial license for MongoDB, and in any
case this thread isn't about requiring a specific Zaqar storage backend.

I just felt it was relevant that FIFO isn't taken for granted in Zaqar,
but that we don't strictly need it in any case.

--
Ryan Brown / Software Engineer, Openstack / Red Hat, Inc.