[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Horizon] Insufficient (?) features in current Nova API

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Fri Apr 10 17:04:48 UTC 2015

On 04/10/2015 03:43 AM, Feodor Tersin wrote:
> If you list instances with no details (detailed=False), it will increase
> performance. At least i hope for this.

That would help somewhat on the horizon side, but it still means filtering
through a (potentially large) list of instances looking for the ones that
horizon actually cares about.

Also, I think it'll still cause latency on the server side since we're still
doing DB accesses to retrieve all the instances on the server side.  If we had
the ability to request information for a specific list of instances then that
would improve latency for both server and client.

Chris