[openstack-dev] [all] Kilo stable branches for "other" libraries

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Apr 10 07:48:31 UTC 2015

Kyle Mestery wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com
> <mailto:amotoki at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>     The planned new version is 2.4.0. It is because neutronclient uses
>>     2.3.x version
>>     for a long time (including Kilo) and we would like to have a room for
>>     bug fixing for Juno release.
>>     So we would like to propose the following for Kilo:
>>
>>       python-neutronclient >=2.4.0 <2.5.0
>
> Can we request a requirements FFE for the following patch [1]? [...]

Unless 2.3.11 is totally unusable in Kilo (which I highly doubt since it
was still in use in testing yesterday), I'd rather keep the requirements
for kilo at:

python-neutronclient >=2.3.11 <2.5.0

That would still make 2.4.0 usable (and used), while not breaking those
still on 2.3.11.

Otherwise we force distros to package 2.4.0 in a hurry to support their
Kilo offerings -- and some of them (think: Ubuntu) are in final stages
of releasing.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)